TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IF YOU CONTINUE WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR ATTEND AN EVENT
We recognize we are governed by both the CPA and the ECTA
∑ The Consumer Protection Act, 2008, (No 68 of 2008) (CPA), and
∑ The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA).
WE ASSUME THAT YOU AGREE TO ALL THE BELOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IF YOU CONTINUE WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR ATTEND AN EVENT
1. RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. I agree to obey all the rules and warnings of the organisers, marshals or governing body and furthermore agree to subject themselves to any drug tests and penalties provided for therein.
2. I agree to abide by any decisions made by the event organiser or official.
1. I understand that the Event course may contain wild animals, insects and plants.
2. I certify that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would make participation in the Event more hazardous.
3. I understand, agree and accept that some of the course may go through water that has not been tested for chemicals, disease or contamination.
4. I agree not to consume alcohol prior to the Event or use any medicines or substances that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate in the Event.
5. I consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me, volunteers or medical professionals may deem appropriate and understand that this Waiver & Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury.
6. The organiser may dismiss me, without refund, should my behaviour endanger the safety of or negatively affect the Event, person, facility or property. I also agree to indemnify the organiser, its owners, officers, past and present employees, agents and Event sponsors from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in partly by my negligent or intentional acts or omissions.
3. LIABILITY AND REFUND POLICY
1. I agree that organiser, sponsor and / venue is not responsible for any personal items or property that is lost, damaged or stolen at the Event.
2. I consent to the use of my image in photographs, motion pictures or recordings taken at the Event for use in Event advertising, marketing or promotion without compensation.
3. I agree that all entry fee payments are final and non-refundable.
4. I agree that organiser reserves the right to either postpone or cancel the Event in the event of extreme weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots, pandemic or endemic outbreaks or for any reason that, in organiserís discretion, will protect the safety and security of Event participants and spectators or that makes the Event organiser unable to continue with the event.
5. In the event of such postponement of an event by organiser, I accept that my entry will be transferred automatically to the new date, or a credit could be offered to me towards a new event. I accept that my entry fee will be non-refundable should I wish to cancel my postponed entry for whatever reason.
6. In the event of cancellation, per 4 above the organisers have no obligation to refund the entry fee.
7. I represent and warrant to the organiser that I have full legal authority to complete this event registration on behalf of myself and/or any person I am registering (Registrant(s)), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged.
8. If I am registering a minor under the age of 18, I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of that person and have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement on their behalf. By proceeding with this event registration, I agree that the terms of this Agreement shall apply equally to all Registrants.
9. Use of online registration is at my own risk, on an as is and as available basis and organiser makes no warranty that its site or services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free. I understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained using online registration, is at my own discretion and risk.
4. PERSONAL DATA AND RACE PHOTOGRAPHS
1. I agree to receive periodical email and sms notifications from the organising body communicating necessary event information and arrangements.
2. I agree that my personal data may be shared with event sponsors or partners and associated events, who may communicate with me via email communication.
3. RACE PHOTOGRAPHERS are considered the property of the event and athletes entering the event consent to those Photographs for Marketing purposes.
No race refunds are done for any event, due to my non-participation. (Including downgrades)
Section 44 of the ECTA:
1. If the event is postponed the entrant will not be refunded the entry fee unless the entrant cancels their entry (less bank charges if applicable); and
2. If the event is cancelled other than in 3.4 above, the entrant will be refunded the entry fee (less bank charges if applicable); and
3. If the entrant cancels their entry within 7 days after the date of payment the entrant will be refunded the entry fee (less bank charges if applicable); and
4. If the entrant cancels their entry after 7 days following the date of payment the entrant will be refunded the entry fee subject to a reasonable cancellation fee.
In terms of POPI, we confirm that your information will not be shared, and
I ("the user") do hereby acknowledge that the Club/Organiser and its representatives may contact me from time to time with regard to this event`s related matters and updates.
Eventtiming will retain your personal details in so far as it would be necessary to produce a set of results for this event and communicate with you via SMS and email.